Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lilacs

This is the view I woke up to this morning, and it is lovely. One of my first thoughts was, "I'm back in England!" In fact, I am even wearing my Capernwray hoodie for memory's sake. We don't have days like this in the desert-like climate of New Mexico very often, so I enjoy every minute of clouds and drizzle that I can get. 

In typical Colorado style, today's weather is complete opposite of the weather we had yesterday. Here's just a glimpse of the bright sunshineyness. And those flowers, by the way, made my day. 

Yesterday I walked into my room and noticed a fabulously fantastic floral fragrance. I pondered that for a moment, wondering who had snuck into my room and rubbed flowers all over the wall. Then I remembered that Amelia had oh so kindly cut lilacs off of our beautiful, blooming lilac bush/tree/things, arranged them into charming vases, and then kindly distributed them to most of the girls on campus.


Do you ever wish you could somehow capture smell? Someone really needs to invent a scent-capturing mechanism. I have no idea what it would be called, but we need one. 
If we DID have a scent-capturing mechanism, I’d share the lovely lilac smell with you. But what would we call it?

No comments:

Post a Comment