Things I'm leaving behind:
- Ridiculously long meals
- Everything in the Boulangeries
- French food.
- Pretty things. So many pretty things.
- Greeting everyone with bisous
- French accents
- Having legitimate reasons for not understanding anything that is happening around me
- Being able to correct everyone's English and have them thank me for it. That'll be a tough habit to break!
- Paris and museums and public transportation and fashionable French people
- Delightfully old, beautiful, and full of character buildings
Things I'm looking forward to in the US of A:
- Having extraordinarily clean bathrooms available everywhere I go. In public places even!
- Coffee-Mate coffee creamers. Stop judging me. They're good.
- My mattress
- Parking lots. Everywhere. You guys don't understand.
- Being able to cart my groceries to my car and drive them home instead of carrying them home.
- not taking the bus. It's not fun anymore.
- That unique smell of chile and mexican food that is always there to greet me when I fly into the Albuquerque airport
- Huge heaps of personal space
- Functional elevators. Those are nice too
- Being able to carry around giant coffee cups everywhere I go without attracting horrified stares
- New Mexico sunsets
Yep. These are the things I'm thinking about. Now you know me much better, don't ya?
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6742291/?claim=rugs27r9mkj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>