Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ask me how awesome my God is. Go on, ask!

Hello. My name is Kelsey and I have a very, very big God.

I could finish my post there and it would be enough. But let me tell you of how He demonstrated His bigness in my life today. This morning when I woke up, I was at 61% of my fundraising goal with the deadline set for August 15th. Ten thousand dollars in two weeks.... I had no idea how that much money would shop up in that little of time. I was a tiny bit discouraged. But I knew that God wouldn't call me to France, provide more than half of the funds, and stop there.

Within an hour of waking up, I was informed of a person who was going to pledge $100/ month. That's $900 right there! And such an answer to prayer, because I was praying specifically that God would provide several people who would pledge around $1,000 each. I could have spent the rest of the day happy with that knowledge alone.

And then this afternoon I received a call informing me that someone decided to give me $4,000! In cash! I'm not really sure who this person is, and I don't even know if I've ever met said person.... but the Lord provided through him anyways. How amazing is that?

Within 30 minutes of getting that call, I got a text from another person telling me that they were pledging to give $400.

Whaaaaat? That's $5,300 in one day! I was worried about the $9,800 in 14 days, but he provided more than half of the cost within 12 hours.

I'm now at 77% of my fundraising. I'll still need a lot of money in order to get to and survive in France. But my God is big. And He uses humans to accomplish His works. How cool is that? I'm going to go to France. And when I get there? I'm going to tell people about how awesome our God is.

2 comments:

  1. :-)
    Kelsey, I won't deny it...I've kind of been waiting for a post like this!! haha! Praise His name! He provides for His kingdom work!

    On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.
    They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds, and I will declare your greatness.
    They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
    ~ Psalm 145:5-7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise Jesus!
    He is SO good and so faithful!
    Thanks for sharing Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete