Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blessings


Do you ever have those moments when you suddenly realize how very much you have and how very little He actually has to give you?
 


I had one of those moments today. The last year and a half of my life has been packed full of sweet fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Jesus.


God has gifted me with more friends than I can count, really. And despite my tendency for independence and never taking chances with people, they've squeezed their way into my life anyways. I'm grateful for that.


There are a million moments, thousands of hours of sweet companionship that are priceless to me. I'm in awe when I take a step back and look at what God has actually given me. And I'm so grateful for all of it, and all of them.


And the best part? He didn't have to. Goodness knows I'm underserving. I've certainly had my fair share of pushing people away, of expecting too much from them, of being selfish and conceited and only always thinking of myself. But He's blessed me anyways.


And so I want to thank my Jesus today, for the friends He's given me. I almost hate to use that word.... friend. Facebook has taken it and made it a term that refers to an acquaintance or networker. I think God had a different idea for what a friend is. I like His idea of friends better.


I'm rejoicing tonight in who God is. He's the ultimate friend, my perfect companion. I could spend the rest of my life without a single friend like the ones I have now and still have everything I need. But He's good to me and gives beyond what I can ask. Ohhhh thank you, Jesus!

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.”
(James 1:17)


Don't we serve a good God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment