Friday, August 12, 2011

Party? I think so.

Six months ago, if you asked me how I was going to raise $33,536 to get to France, I would have said something like, "I don't know. But if God wants me to get there, He'll give me the money."

People asked me that question a lot. Sometimes it was just out of curiosity. Sometimes they were just plain skeptics. I knew my God was able. I knew I was supposed to make my needs known. I knew He is a provider! What I didn't know was how it was all going to work out in the end. The practicals, you know. I wondered that just as much as the next person.

But it all did work out in the end. Believe me, my strategy didn't sound like it would be that successful (more about said strategy another time). But all glory be to God, I'm 95% funded!

There are just a few checks that need to be sent into GEM now. I expect I'll get to 100% before I leave, because why would God stop at 95%? That doesn't make sense. And He owns everything anyways.

He's exceeded my expectations. My prayer was to have 90% by the 15th, and well.... I reached MORE than that by the 11th. We should have a party or something, to celebrate how cool God is.

4 comments:

  1. Can I second the motion for a party?!

    So excited for you and with you and for what the Lord has in store! What a beautiful testimony of God's faithfulness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! It boosts the faith of us all when we hear about things like this!

    ReplyDelete