Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Behold the Works

I just returned to my sweet little home near Paris after a visit south. It was beautiful, every single moment. During the whole drive down and back, every single time I looked out my window I had an amazing view. I've rediscovered something. I love driving through the French countryside. I also love the French Alps. And French camp food too, apparently. And French bed and breakfasts. And....


Getting to know the rest of the GEM France team was really exciting. I'm encouraged by all the different ministries going on here and plan to share about some of them soon. Being around so many people who love God and love France was great. 


An added bonus? Being surrounded by the beauty of God's creation. It was the perfect weekend to be in the Alps. So. Many. Colors. It's especially awe-inspiring for someone who grew up around so much (beautiful) brown. My pictures don't really capture the beauty of the French Alps, but believe me, God makes beautiful things.




And as I was surrounded by the works of His hands, both in people and in nature, I came to know Him just a little bit more. What sweet fellowship with my Jesus as I would steal away every so often to hear from Him. I don't have words or pictures that could possibly explain....


Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.


He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.


Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.



The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.





No comments:

Post a Comment