Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh How I Love Beginnings


Well... I’m in France! 

Have I mentioned yet how thankful I am for all the prayer, encouragement, support, and just plain love from the body of Christ as I’ve begun this journey? It’s been overwhelmingly wonderful. 

My flight arrived in Paris around 11:30 am on Saturday morning one week ago. (I can’t believe it’s already been a week! I can’t believe it’s only been a week either!). I was determined NOT to take a nap that day, and instead stick it out so I’d sleep well at night and get over the jet lag asap. So I didn’t take a nap, even though it had been more than 26 hours straight of traveling and I didn’t really get much sleep on the plane. And you can tell when you look at pictures from that day. But I’m so thankful to be here. 

Jay and Nancy picked me up from the airport and brought me back to their house where the hours stretched on and on as I tried to keep myself awake. Then they ended up taking me out to see some sights.


It’s beautiful out here. There’s all these little treasures tucked away in the countryside waiting to be found by me. And everything is so old! It’s marvelous. 



I live about 45 minutes outside of Paris by train, and I’m even closer to Versailles. Both places are calling to me, but I haven’t really explored them yet. My place of residence while in France is in this charming cluster of seven little towns somewhere in between the City of Lights and the Hall of Mirrors. Sometime soon I’ll go explorin’ with my camera and take pictures to share.

This last week has been full of orientation on various things. Like grocery shopping. And French customs. And worldviews. And trying to get cell phones. I’m currently staying with Jay and Nancy, but I move out on Monday. I’m renting a room from a kind woman who lives near the University. 



I just sent out my first Newsletter by email. If you didn’t receive it, first check your spam folder. If it’s not there, next email me and ask me to send it to you. :)


We did a little sightseeing to Giverny today. It's where Monet lived. It was pretty awesome, and a really good birthday. I'll share about the day sometime very soon. 


There’s so much else that’s been on my heart to share as well, but another date, another time!

In the meantime, keep praying for the spread of the gospel in France. Oh how they need Jesus! 

2 comments:

  1. It's still your birthday here, so... happy birthday! (I knew it was your birthday sans this post, by the way.) You are loved, remembered, and prayed for, sweet sister! I am so excited you are finally in France! Let me know if you are ever in the Chantilly area - that's where I stayed when I was over there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, my dear friend! Know that you are so loved :) And I can just picture you tramping about France! Your family here gathered for prayer last night, and you were lifted up in prayer by us all.

    ReplyDelete