Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Lord- Strong and Mighty

As I have so often said, God is moving upon the Ellerslie body. It is overwhelming to describe just what He has done, and what He is doing. He has been working in individuals for a long time to prepare us for something which is now beginning to form. Through the voice of Eric Ludy and many others, God has given us a call to prayer. He has commanded us to get on our faces, to allow His grief to become ours, to allow His burdens to rest upon our shoulders, to sacrificially, consistently, and strategically get down on our knees and to pray for the realities of heaven to become the realities of earth. When Eric gave the message “Under the Stage” I was stirred at a deep level. I wanted to respond, yet at the same time I didn’t know what to pray for and I was scared of such a death to self. I doubted that it would be possible for me.

I was wrong.

There has been a purifying in each individual heart and life as we present ourselves to the Lord and ask Him to do in us what we cannot do on our own. We esteem the lives of Hudson Taylor, Jackie Pullinger, CT Studd, Rees Howells and so many others, but we fall so far short of their level of givenness to our Savior. The exchanged life isn’t fully manifested in us yet because we have yet to fully die to ourselves and allow God to clean the sin out of our lives. But that’s changing. He is bringing greater deaths to us as an entire body daily, and He will only continue to finish what He has started. We are learning to reckon Romans 6-8 as true, and every single day Jesus Christ is becoming more and more evident in our lives as the Holy Spirit comes in power upon us.

A couple weeks ago I was concerned because I didn’t know what it was that God was calling me into the prayer closet for. I asked Him to burden me with something, and He has answered me. Now I can see that He has been calling me to do something about this for a long time and my ears were simply shut to His call.

I like to think that if I lived in Nazi Germany I would have done something about the atrocities happening there. Millions of people being murdered... I would’ve stood up for them even if it meant my own death, and how dare those awful German Christians who simply went about their lives as normal as if none of it were happening.

I am no better.

There is a holocaust happening in this very nation, and the young Christian women who call themselves the bride of Christ are the ones committing these murders. I have turned a blind eye to it thinking that someone else will do something and that it is too big for me to take on anyways. I repent of my selfish and evil ways. This is something God cares about, something He has told me to go after, and until now I have ignored Him. I am now stating that I am going to stand against abortion, no matter if it means my death.

As I say that, there is something else extremely important that we must realize. First of all, I must state that I myself am a sinner and no better than these women who murder their own children. But God has done something overwhelmingly beautiful and because of Jesus Christ’s blood and resurrection, I have been washed clean, commissioned, and empowered to do His work on the earth. I will not be able to stop abortion. Rather, I am one of the many vessels which God will use to stop this evil through. Though I am unworthy, ill-equipped (in what I myself have to offer), and far too selfish to do anything, He will change my heart and equip me to be His hands and feet.

The Lord has called His warriors to battle, and my fellow Ellerslie brothers and sisters have begun to respond so beautifully. I am now extending this call to prayer and action to you as well. Let us follow the pattern set for us in the Word of God. May we be like the Bereans (Acts 17:11: “These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.”). May we allow the Holy Spirit to possess us. Oh sweet Jesus, come into our midst.

I heard a statistic the other day that shocked me. Planned Parenthood did a poll which revealed that 2 out of 3 women who get an abortion are born again Christians. Does anyone else see something wrong with that? We cannot believe the lie that these women do not know better, that they are simply lost in their sins and that they commit these atrocities because they are heathen rather than Christian. The enemy has spat in our Lord Jesus’ face. He has taken the young and innocent in Christ’s very Bride and has caused them to be adulteresses, seductresses, and murderers. What are we going to do to wipe the spit away from our Lord’s face?

Oh Jesus, I am powerless. But You are powerful. I am weak, but You are strong. I am nothing and You are everything. Be glorified in me.

On Saturday mornings, about 8 students have begun to drive to the Planned Parenthood in Fort Collins to visibly stand against the murder happening mere yards away from us. Though we could not march into the clinic and stop the vile acts physically, we have a weapon of warfare which is much more mighty. We stood on that sidewalk and we prayed against abortion, we prayed against the lies being spoken in this generation, and we prayed against the selfishness that has completely overtaken our country. God filled me with such a love for the young women and men who are overtaken by these lies and selfishness. Despite the darkness that surrounds us while there, light floods my heart and I cannot help but rejoice in who God is and what He is going to do.

Despite my sorrow and anger at what is going on in the church, there is so much hope within me. I know that the Lord will once again purify the church in America and call His people unto Himself. Just like slavery was abolished, so will abortion clinics throughout this entire nation be shut down. He has heard our prayers. He will answer. He will do this thing. He is good.

God is raising up mighty warriors in the body of Ellerslie to stand against abortion. It is not just the compassionate, tender-hearted women that have decided to stand against abortion, but the men of Ellerslie have also risen up and visibly made a stand to take down Planned Parenthood. The Lord Strong and Mighty has determined to fight against Planned Parenthood, and He has never lost a battle.

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,” (2 Corinthians 10:3-4)

“And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.” (Isaiah 59:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment